I’ve been asked if I could share what kind of technology publication I own and read on my Kindle devices. So I thought why not put them up here.
I use Kindle (on all of my devices) for the technical reference books all the time. It makes my job so much easier (and flights so much shorter).
This is the list at the moment (in no particular order). For any 802.11 professional I wholeheartedly recommend CWNP study guides:
- Implementing 802.1X Security Solutions for Wired and Wireless Networks by Geier, Jim
- Active Directory: Designing, Deploying, and Running Active Directory by Allen, Robbie, Desmond, Brian, Richards, Joe, Alistair G. Lowe-Norris
- Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Inside Out (Inside Out (Microsoft)) by Stanek, William R.
- VMware Cookbook: A Real-World Guide to Effective VMware Use by Helmke, Matthew, Troy, Ryan
- Advanced Penetration Testing for Highly-Secured Environments: The Ultimate Security Guide by Allen, Lee
- Vim and Vi Tips: Essential Vim and Vi Editor Skills, 3rd ed. By Artymiak, Jacek
- Windows Powershell Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O’Reilly)) by Holmes, Lee
- Managing iOS Devices with OS X Lion Server by Dreyer, Arek
- SNMP Over Wi-Fi Wireless Networks by Kerdsri, Jiradett
- CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide by Gibson, Darril
- IP Design for Mobile Networks by Wainner, Scott, Grayson, Mark, Shatzkamer, Kevin
- Building the Mobile Internet (Networking Technology) by Grayson, Mark, Shatzkamer, Kevin, Wierenga, Klaas
- 802.11n: A Survival Guide by Matthew Gast
- 802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition by Matthew Gast
- Fundamentals of LTE (Prentice Hall Communications Engineering and Emerging Technologies Series) by Andrews, Jeffrey G., Ghosh, Arunabha, Muhamed, Rias, Zhang, Jun
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) : Controlling Convergent Networks (McGraw-Hill Communication Series) by Russell, Travis
- Linux Networking Cookbook by Schroder, Carla
- How to Use the Unix-Linux vi Text Editor by Smith, Larry
- Practical Packet Analysis: Using Wireshark to Solve Real-World Network Problems by Sanders, Chris
- Nmap Cookbook: The Fat-free Guide to Network Scanning by Marsh, Nicholas
- The Ubuntu Beginner’s Guide - Fourth Edition (Computer Beginner’s Guides) by Moeller, Jonathan
- Working at the Ubuntu Command-Line Prompt (Linux Nitty Gritty) by Thomas, Keir
- Telecommunications Essentials, Second Edition: The Complete Global Source (2nd Edition) by Goleniewski, Lillian, Jarrett, Kitty Wilson, (editor)
- OmniGraffle 5 Diagramming Essentials by Olsen, Ruben Olsen
- Essential SNMP by Mauro, Douglas R., Schmidt, Kevin J. Low Tech Hacking:
- Street Smarts for Security Professionals by Wiles, Jack, Lowther, Sean, Gudaitis, Terry, Jabbusch, Jennifer, Rogers, Russ
- Zenoss Core 3.x Network and System Monitoring by Badger, Michael
- Understanding Linux Network Internals by Benvenuti, Christian
- Cacti 0.8 Beginner’s Guide by Urban, Thomas
- Kismet Hacking by Brad Haines, Frank Thornton, Michael Schearer
- How to Config ISP for CentOS for Server by Ho, Phuong
- FreeRADIUS Beginner’s Guide by van der Walt, Dirk
- CWSP Certified Wireless Security Professional Official Study Guide: Exam PW0-204 (CWNP Official Study Guides) Coleman, David D., Westcott, David A., Jackman, Shawn M., Harkins, Bryan E.
- BackTrack 5 Wireless Penetration Testing Beginner’s Guide by Ramachandran, Vivek
- CCNA Wireless Official Exam Certification Guide (CCNA IUWNE 640-721) by Carroll, Bran
- CWAP Certified Wireless Analysis Professional Official Study Guide: Exam PW0-270 (CWNP Official Study Guides) by Coleman, David D., Westcott, David A., Miller, Ben, Mackenzie, Peter
- CWDP Certified Wireless Design Professional Official Study Guide: Exam PW0-250 (Study Guide Pw0-250) by Jackman, Shawn M., Swartz, Matt, Burton, Marcus, Head, Thomas W.
- CCNA Official Exam Certification Library (CCNA Exam 640-802) (3rd Edition) by Odom, Wendell
- Deploying and Troubleshooting Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers by Gress, Mark L., Johnson, Lee Learn
- RouterOS by Burgess, Dennis
- Official Exam Prep Guide: Wireshark Certified Network Analyst by Chappell, Laura
- CWNA Certified Wireless Network Administrator Official Study Guide: Exam PW0-104 (CWNP Official Study Guides) by Coleman, David D., Westcott, David A.
I think this is it. I’ll add new ones as I extend my reading list. Plus vendor white papers are a great resource as well.